Drugstore Make-up Starter Kit





So this has been requested quite a bit on my Instagram so I thought I would finally write it up! This is my make-up starter kit using products from the drugstore. Now I know this won't be for everyone, but these are the products I first used/would have used when I first started out with make-up. 


£4.19
To start off with concealer, I definitely recommend using the Collection lasting perfection concealer. This is probably one of the cheapest drugstore concealers but also one of the best. For the price, I really cannot believe how amazing this concealer is. I think that most girls who have this will agree with me, it covers up everything it needs to so this is a must have for your make up bag!

 £6.99
If you feel like you need to wear foundation, I recommend using the Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation. This foundation was probably my first ever foundation, and I find myself still using it every now and then. It gives a light/medium coverage but can be built up if necessary. However, if you have clear skin and don't want to cake your face with a layer of foundation you can skip this step and head straight on to powder. 

£3.99
For only £3.99 you can't really go wrong with this. It is everything you want from a powder. This comes in different shades as well as transparent which is perfect for using to get rid of any shine without adding extra colour to your face. This was the first powder I owned, and I still use this to set my foundation and concealer for the day. 

both £2.99
Now this is a step you don't have to do, as eyeliner isn't for everyone. But if you do wish to wear it, my two favourites are both from Collection. The one on the top is the Collection Extreme 24hr felt tip liner, the second is just the Collection liquid eyeliner. Both of these are £2.99 and as you will be able to see in the image below, they both create very thin lines making it easy to not go overboard with the eyeliner. 


£4 each
If you want to start wearing eye shadow I recommend using the MUA palettes, these are incredible as you get 12 very pigmented eye shadows for just £4! These are such a bargain and are absolutely amazing for the price! The palette on the left is 'Undressed' and the palette on the right is 'Heaven and Earth'.

£7.99
I have been using this mascara since I first started wearing make up and still to this day I still repurchase it every time I run out. This is the Maybelline New York the Rocket Volum' express mascara, it makes my eyelashes so long that this mascara is all I need! If you are looking for a new mascara or want to start wearing mascara definitely try this one out! 

£2.99
If you are at school or aren't brave enough to wear colour on your lips just yet, you can always try the Maybelline baby lips. I use this clear one 'hydrate' when my lips need moisturizing but I don't want any colour on them. There are also two other baby lips that do have a hint of colour if you want to wear something sheer, in the shades 'cherry me' and 'pink punch'.

£7.99
£5.49
Last but not least are two lip products in a nude/pink shade. These are perfect for people just starting out with make-up as they give the most gorgeous finish to any look without being to overpowering. The one in the top picture is a Revlon lip butter in the shade 'berry smoothie' this is perfect as it is sheer but gives just the right amount of colour. They are very creamy so glide on the lips easily and give a glossy finish. The lipstick at the bottom is Rimmel London Kate Moss in the shade '08', this is a browny nude but is just absolutely stunning. I probably wear this a least 3/4 times a week now as it is my favourite lipstick at the moment. These lipstick are so so creamy and last a very long time, they also smell nice to which is a bonus!

I'm sorry that I haven't included blusher, bronzer etc but when I first started with make-up I didn't really wear much other than the basics! I hope this is helpful to some people and gives you some ideas on some new make-up to buy!

lots of love,
sophie x


Leave a Comment

  1. Will have to try one of the MUA pallets, they look gorgeous! And only £4!!
    Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-and-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love your account! And have you tried the baby lip pink punch? That's my fav xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out my blog - http://lauraa220699.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently started a blog and I'm trying to make it look all fancy ect. but i'm struggling, How do you get your links to be pictures? Like you instagram link being the logo of Instagram? xxx

    ReplyDelete