What's in my makeup bag?





As it's the Easter Holidays I thought I would write a few blog posts so I can start posting more regularly! (I mean it this time haha) Anyway I asked on Instagram what kind of posts my followers wanted to see and quite a few of them said a 'what's in my makeup bag' post, so as you can probably tell my the title, that is what I have for you today!


Firstly, my makeup bag is from Cath Kidston and it is the
 'NOTTING HILL ROSE COSMETIC BAG' which is £12. In my makeup bag I hold all the products that I use on a day to day basis. Sometimes if I'm going away I will change my products around but it mostly always stays the same. 

I have decided to show you in pictures of groups of products rather than a separate photo for each product as there are quite a few!


The first set of products in my makeup bag are my 'face' products. Firstly I have the Maybelline baby skin, this is amazing and I love it. I've heard mixed reviews about it and people saying that they prefer Benefit porefessional but as I've never tried the benefit one I can't compare, but the baby skin is good enough for me! It is a primer (If you didn't know!) and I got it from Boots for £7.99.
The next product in my makeup bag is the Revlon colorstay foundation for normal/dry skin. This is the first foundation that I have come across that is actually for dry skin, which made me very happy as around this time of the year I tend to get very dry skin on my face. Normally when I cover my face with foundation it makes my skin worse and you can see the dry patches, but this foundation does not do that at all and in a way has actually helped with my little dry patches. I absolutely love this foundation and I now use it everyday instead of my MAC studio fix fluid which is much more thicker than this foundation in my opinion. I also picked this up from Boots and it was £12.49. (That is what the website says but I'm pretty sure it was £11.99 when I got it!
Next are my 4 favourite concealers. Now to some people 4 may be a lot to carry around everyday but I like to change what concealer I wear quite often or mix some of them together. First is the MAC studio finish concealer which is £15.00, next is the MAC pro longwear concealer which is £15.50, underneath that is the Collection lasting perfection concealer which is £4.19 I believe and finally is the Revlon colorstay concealer which I got to match the foundation, this was £6.99. I love all of these concealer so much but if I have to choose a favourite I would have to say the Collection lasting perfection concealer! The shade matches my skin tone so well, it covers all my inperfections and doesn't dry out my skin which is brilliant seeing as the price is also amazing!
Finally is my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. I absolutely love this product, it was on my wishlist for a while but I was really reluctant to get it as I thought £22 was rather expensive for a powder! 
However I ended up purchasing it when I was over Southampton for Christmas last year and I am so pleased with it. It sets my foundation very nicely without giving a cakey finish that some powders do. It is very natural looking on the skin and in my opinion is definitely worth the price! 


Next I have my 3 favourite eye products. I do also wear eye-shadow sometimes but I don't keep it in my makeup bag as I do not wear it everyday. Firstly I have the L'Oreal volume million lashes mascara. I honestly can't stress how much I love this mascara! It makes my eyelashes soooo long and it doesn't go clumpy either, they look so long but still natural afterwards! I like to go over the top with the Maybelline the rocket volum' express mascara just to give my eyelashes some extra volume. These are by far my all time favourite mascaras and I have repurchased both of them around 3/4 times now! The L'Oreal mascara is £10.99 and the Maybelline one is £7.99.
The liquid eyeliner is by Boots natural collection and is only £1.99 I think as I can't find it on the website! This eyeliner is honestly one of the best I have ever used and for the price you really can't go wrong! The wand is so thin which makes is so easy to get a precise line with no mistakes. 


These are the last few things that I keep in my makeup bag. Firstly is the Rimmel London scandal eyes waterproof kohl liner in the shade 'nude', this is absolutely perfect to wear on my waterline as it makes my eyes look bigger without the colour being too intense. This was from Boots and it was £3.99 which is such a good price! Next is a kohl pencil by '2True' from Superdrug, this is in the shade 16 which is the colour white, I use this in the inner corners of my eye to highlight instead of using an eye-shadow. This was £1.99 which you can't really say no to can you?!
Next I have the Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo in the shade 'on and on bronze', this is such a perfect brown/bronze colour which is great to wear as a base or even on its own when you just want a bit of colour on your eyes! These are £4.99 and come in a range of different colours :)
Finaaaaallly I have the Boots natural collection blush in the shade 'sweet cheeks', this is such a gorgeous colour and gives the perfect hint of pink to give that rosy look, this is also only £1.99 which again is absolutely amazing given the high quality of the product!

This is literally the longest blog post ever and I am so so sorry if you get bored and don't even make it to the end! But that is all for whats in my make up bag! I do hope you enjoyed reading it and that it gave you a good idea on what the products are like!

lots of love, 
sophie x

Leave a Comment

  1. Love the baby skin pore eraser xx
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your account! mind following back?
    http://sprxnkleoflucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete