Benefit They're Real vs. W7 Absolute Lashes*







Dupe alert? Honestly, when I opened my package from W7 and saw this mascara I immediately saw the similarities between this and Benefit's They're Real (the packing for the larger Benefit mascara is literally the exact same, whereas I have the smaller size which is obviously different). Not only is the packaging pretty much spot on but I then noticed how similar the wands are as well. So, how did they do when I put them up to the test? I can put one of each mascara on each of my eyes and not even tell which one they are. That is how similar they are in terms of the formula! If anything, the W7 mascara does actually make my lashes look a tiny bit fuller than the Benefit one, which is great for me as it means I don't have to do multiple coats. 

The mascara's both apply to my lashes exactly the same, separating them equally and both making my lashes looks long and fluttery. The one difference I did find was that normally when I wear mascara, half way during the day I look in the mirror and have little black prints below my lower lashes. However, this did NOT happen with the W7 mascara and I was so shocked! (in a good way). I wore the Absolute Lashes to college for a good 9/10 hours by the time I got home and my lashes looked the exact same as before I left the house. I can quite honestly say I don't think I have come across such a good dupe until now! W7 really have done well here I can tell you that.

Another benefit of the W7 mascara is that it is actually easier to take off than the Benefit one, the perfect mascara right? I really am so impressed with the latest addition to my mascara family and I haven't touched my They're Real since (sorry Benefit lovers! ;)) Do you want another amazing fact about the W7 mascara? I know you do... well here it is, it's only £6.95! Compared to the full size of the Benefit which is £19.50. Overall as you can probably tell I really like the Absolute Lashes and it is literally perfect for those who don't want to pay out almost £20 for a mascara.

What do you think of this? Will you be picking one up to try?
post signature

Leave a Comment

  1. wow what an amazing dupe... ive been using theyre real for years now and i love it but it is so expensive! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/effyourbeautystandards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks exactly the same! I will definitely be picking this up to try x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an incredible dupe! I neeeeeed it in my life! W7 is such an amazing brand for good quality but crazy cheap dupes!


    www.rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i will be giving this a go for sure!!!

    www.chanbelle.blogspot,co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I'm so glad you posted this! I'm going to need a new mascara soon so I'll definitely be buying this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a good dupe post! Must go check out this mascara :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing! £6.95 is a really good price too! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did quite like the W7 one, but nothing compares to They're Real for me!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they really do look very similar! Will be keeping an eye out for it x Ali | The Chic Times Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys - we completely agree that the W7 Absolute Lashes are a great copy of Benefit They're Real. They're flying off the shelves in our new store in Manchester and we sell them online for only £3.99. We'll even offer readers of this blog an extra 10% if you use discount code SIMPLYSOPH at the checkout. MUOBU - Make Up Or Break Up www.muobu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! I wasn't a massive fan of my "they're real" mascara but I keep it just because it does give great volume. It's good to know there's a dupe that won't break the bank. Holly x http://thechroniclesofholly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete