The Things I Love About Autumn





I know I say this every time I stop blogging for a while, but I have have honestly had so much on this past month I haven't had any time to sit down and take photos let alone write the blog post after. But I thought I could make the time to hopefully blog at least once a week just until I get everything back in order, possibly on a Sunday from now on. Anyway I've finally managed to find some time today, and here are the things I love about Autumn! 





First thing, of course, dark lipsticks. I could go on and on about how much I love darker colours, and finally getting to wear them is the best. My whole make up routine changes once the colder months come rolling in, for example the coral blushes have gone back into hiding and the plum/darker pink shades have made a reappearance. The two shades shown in the picture are MAC diva and Rimmel Kate Moss 107. Both shades are matte, but as my lips tend to get a little dry in the winter I like to use a lip balm underneath. 


Next up, darker nail varnishes! Saying goodbye to the pinks and saying hello to the reds/purples! I have been loving the 3 in the picture lately, they are just so gorgeous. First one is OPI 'congeniality is my middle name', Barry M 'raspberry' and Essie 'aruba blue'. The Essie one is probably the prettiest nail varnish I own at the moment!


Autumn/winter clothing is probably my favourite thing. The things I have been loving lately are tartan and boots. I think the best thing about autumn is just being able to wrap up in lots of layers, as I much prefer it to being hot, sticky and not being comfortable in whatever I wear during the summer. This tartan dress actually arrived this morning and I love it soooo much its a swing dress and is just simply gorgeous. The material is really comfortable, and I think it would look amazing with thick tights and a pair of boots. I got it from one of those eBay shops, and it was around £7, you can find it here. The boots were also from an Ebay shop and they were £15.99, you can find them here. The tartan scarf also tends to make its way into my everyday look during the colder months, it was £4 from Primark.


Nothing is nicer during the cold months than coming home from a long day at college, getting into my onesie, lighting some candles and chilling watching Netflix. Fireside treats has to be my all time favourite yankee candle, like honestly it smells incredible. Fairy lights are the easier improvement to any bedroom, they just make everything feel so much more cosy, these are just a simple pack that I got for about £1 in the Christmas clearance section at Tesco last year. I also have another set around my mirror which just adds that extra touch to my room. So those are my favourite things about Autumn, I do love the warmer months but there's just something about the colder months that just makes everything more exciting, possibly because it means Christmas is just around the corner, yay!

lots of love, 
sophie x

Leave a Comment

  1. Lovely post! I love bringing out the darker shades of make-up as well!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I adore Autumn! Berry colours are my favourite to wear (in all seasons really) and I love those ankle boots, i bought some from topshop the other day and I have worn them so much. Have a lovely day xxx

    www.stripeyjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post, I'm a huge fan of dark lipstick and tartan too! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete