Back to College Make Up





So tomorrow is my first day back at college, this is going to be the second year of my course and I am kind of excited yet don't want the holidays to end :( I thought I would share with you the make up that I will be wearing back, I'm keeping it quite natural as my days at college are very busy and the last thing I want to be doing is topping up my make up throughout the day. 



The first thing I will do is obviously wash my face and moisturise etc, recently I have been using the tea tree facial wash and lotion by the Body Shop and the Liz Earle moisturiser for dry skin. I will then start off my make up by using the L'Oreal Paris nude magique blur cream, to minimise the appearance of my pores but also to prime my skin. I will then use the Maybelline eraser eye to cover my dark circles (back to those early mornings and late nights!) and any blemishes. Lately I have been using Clinique redness solutions make up, as you can see I have a sample pot of this (two actually, lucky me!) because I wasn't prepared to spend £24.50 on the full size bottle in case it didn't work for me! But let me tell you I would happily spend that money and am thinking of getting it once these samples run out, it is honestly such amazing coverage and hides all the redness I have, which no other foundation does for me! This is the one foundation that actually makes my skin look half decent and covers all my blemishes as well. So I highly recommend this! If I feel the need to have a tiny bit more coverage I will then use a tiny bit of the MAC studio finish concealer just over anything that may still need covering up! To finish off my base make up I will then lightly dust the MAC msf natural over my t-zone to set everything in place for the day. 


Moving on to my eyes I will first use the Along Came Betty eye primer just to make sure any eye-shadows stay in place all day. Firstly I will use my Benefit creaseless cream shadow in the shade 'bikini tini' all over my lid as a base, but to also add a bit of shimmer. To define my eyes a little I will use the shade 'naked 2' from the Naked basics palette on the outer corners and in my crease. 

I will then use the Rimmel London scandaleyes liner to create a thin line very close to my lash line just to make my lashes look fuller. I may or may not create a wing yet depends how much time I have to get ready hahah. On my tightline and waterline I will use a new product I have recently bought, the Maybelline big eyes liner. This product is perfect for travelling etc as its both colours in one (beige and black, I find white on my waterline to be a bit intense). To finish off my eyes I will then curl my lashes and apply a few coats of the L'Oreal volume million lashes mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. I never really used to have a lot of time getting ready in the mornings as I prefer my sleep as i'm sure most people do, so for my eyebrows I simply use the Rimmel London brow this way styling gel to define and fill my eyebrows slightly. 


Next I will go back to my face, and first use the Body Shop honey bronzing powder to bronze up my face and add a little bit of warmth into it. This is my favourite bronzer at the moment because it is completely matte. Using another new product which I won't talk too much about as I have a review coming up this week, I will add some colour to my cheeks using the Soap & Glory sexy mother blusher in the shade 'berry jam'. This is a new favourite of mine as I love cream blushes but can never find a colour that I like, but this is such a perfect shade for autumn/winter. It looks a very scary colour first but once blended out it creates a gorgeous berry colour. To highlight I will use the top right hand shade in the Revolution blush & contour palette as it it such a gorgeous shimmery colour, I like to use this especially on the high points of my cheek bones. 

To finish off my make up I will first use the Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in the shade 'eastend snob', and to finish off my lips I will use yet another new product I have recently bought, and that is the Soap & Glory super-colour fabulipstick powdercoat matte lipstick in the shade 'blush pink'. I can't even explain how perfect this combo is, it creates the perfect dark pink nude and I honestly cannot stop wearing this lip colour. 

So that is what I will be wearing on my face to college tomorrow, I hope everyone has a fab day back at college/school/sixth form or whatever, it's all worth it in the end!

lots of love, 
sophie x

Leave a Comment

  1. such a great in detail tutorial! i love your blog! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/gluten-free-treats-with-udis.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely back to college picks! The Soap & Glory blush is definitely on my wishlist!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete