Current Everyday Make-up Routine





I've never posted a make up routine and I was sat here wondering what to post, so I thought why not lets post one. I won't be posting a picture of what the finished look likes like (sorry) but I've had major horrible breakouts lately so haven't actually worn make up for 4 days now! Keep reading to find out what products I use.. 



The very first thing I do is wash my face in the shower and then use my Nivea day moisturizer. To start off my make up I use the Benefit porefessional mostly on my t-zone and tops of my cheeks, using this product helps to reduce the appearance of my pores whilst giving a lovely matte finish to my skin. 
Next I then use two concealers, my MAC pro longwear and my Benefit boi-ing concealer. Both of these are absolutely amazing and I'm almost out of my MAC one which I will need to repurchase soon! I use the MAC concealer over any redness and any blemishes that I need to cover up, I apply this using a Real Techniques contour brush. I then use the boi-ing concealer with my ring finger just to go over any harsh spots that may still be showing. 


I then move onto my eyes as I like to leave my concealer to set into my skin before applying more products. I apply eyeliner first, I just do a very thin line keeping it close to my lash line as I don't tend to wear thick eyeliner I like to keep things simple. I will then curl my eyelashes using a pair of eyelash curlers which I apparently forgot to photograph silly me.. 
After I have curled my eyelashes I use two mascaras, Benefit they're real and the L'Oreal volume million lashes. I use the Benefit mascara to length my lashes, this really does the job and literally makes my eyelashes so long! I then use the L'Oreal mascara to give my lashes volume. The last thing I do with my eye makeup is use the Rimmel London Scandaleyes waterproof kohl kojal in the shade 'nude' on my waterline to just make me look more awake and brighten up my eyes. 


I then move back to my face makeup, by first applying the Bourjous healthy mix serum. I love this foundation so much, it gives such a lovely dewy finish and stays on all day! I apply my foundation using the Real Techniques buffing brush which is just perfect for applying a liquid foundation. 
I will then set all of my face make up using the Rimmel London stay matte powder, again using the RT buffing brush. This powder just finishes off the look by giving a lovely matte finish. I don't really tend to bother with bronzer or highlighter especially if I'm in a rush, so I just apply a little of the Boots Natural Collection blush to the tops of my cheek bones using the Real Techniques blush brush. I absolutely love this, it just gives that little pop of colour to the face whilst still looking natural. 


I will first use a Maybelline baby lips just to moisturize my lips and to use a base before my lipstick. I love using these as they really do hydrate your lips! The lipstick I chose to use in this photo is MAC - Faux, as this is the colour I mostly reach for everyday when I just want a natural look but still with a hint of colour. This shade is perfect for that and is my favourite nude lipstick. 

{top to bottom}
REAL TECHNIQUES

contour brush - used for concealer
blush brush - used for blush
buffing brush - used for foundation and powder

I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you use any of the same products as me then let me know in the comments below! Also let me know what you use everyday!

lots of love, 
sophie x




Leave a Comment

  1. i use benefit porefessional too, its such a great product! im jealous you have real techniques brushes, ive been lusting after some for so long! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/all-aboard-boohoo-bus.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy Lyons You should definitely get them! They're the best brushes ever! I left a comment on your post! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use the Collection Liquid Eyeliner on a daily basis and I must say it is so amazing considering the price! I would love too try a Soap & Glory Eyeliner at some point! A really informative post and beautiful photography :)

    ReplyDelete