Top 5 Autumn Lipsticks





I honestly cannot believe how fast this year has gone, like we're in September already?! That's absolutely crazy! It seems that when it's winter i'm like 'I can't wait until summer!' then once it's summer it's 'I can't wait until winter!'. We all do it (I hope). Well anyway I for one, cannot wait for autumn/winter this year! The thought of coming home from college on a cold night, eating one of my mums chicken curry's, getting snug in my onesie, lighting those Christmas scented Yankee candles and watching movies with a hot chocolate seriously excites me. Not only that I also loooove the a/w trends, and I must say I am really excited for those jumpers, boots and leggings days! My favourite thing about the change from summer/autumn has to be my lip colour! Saying goodbye to those nudes/pinks/corals and saying a massive hello to those deep red/berry shades! Today I will be sharing with you my top 5 lipstick for autumn! 


left to right 
e.l.f  'ravishing rose', rimmel kate moss '107', mac 'hang up', rimmel moisture renew 'sloane's plum', topshop 'inhibition'

E.L.F Moisturising Lipstick / ravishing rose - £3.95
These lipsticks are amazing and I really need to order some more! Seriously for the price they are sooo pigmented and swipe of these and you've got the full colour! I definitely agree that they moisturising and so creamy which is perfect for those colder days! This is the perfect colour to go for if you want a little red/plum colour on your lips but nothing too in your face, it really is such a gorgeous colour! At the bargain price you really cannot go wrong with these lipsticks, they also sell a gorgeous deep red which I need to get my hands on!

I pretty much think this lipstick is one of the most well known lipsticks in the beauty community and that is because it is literally gorgeous. Not to mention it is matte which makes it all better. I have had this lipstick since it came out and I am pretty sure this is my third one (can you tell how much I love it?!) I can't even explain how gorgeous this colour is, it is a very deep berry red and every girl needs to own this for winter pretty much! Also Zoella wears this a lot

MAC / hang up - £15.50
Obviously I had to mention a MAC lipstick in this, and to my surprise it isn't rebel! I just wanted to talk about a different shade, because no matter how many of these posts I have read I think 99% of them have mentioned rebel! Not that I am complaining because it is one of my all time favourites but hang up is slowly creeping into my everyday look! This colour is honestly gorgeous, it is a deep berry colour without being overly dark. I find that if I apply this with a lip brush I get a very gorgeous colour on my lips if I am not in that mood for a complete vampy look. Also this is a cremesheen finish meaning that it is highly moisturising, perfect.

Rimmel London Moisture Renew / sloane's plum - £6.49
This lipstick is a new purchase for me but I have been wearing it quite a lot! I have been on the hunt lately for some new plum shades for this autumn and this one is the one that has stood out the most. Firstly due to it being drugstore so it is reasonably priced and also because of how moisturising it is. There's nothing worse than getting dry lips in the cold weather and dragging a matte lipstick over it, just no. So I have stocked up on those pigmented and moisturising lipsticks this time and I am ready for a/w! This is just a very lovely plum colour as you kinda get from the name.

Topshop Lips / inhibition - £8 (currently 2 for £12)
I have never ever read a post about this lipstick, well not that I can recall anyway? I honestly think this lipstick is gorgeous and I am over half way through it due to wearing it constantly last winter! These are stated as a 'satin matte lipstick' so for me they can be quite drying, but if I wear a balm underneath such as a baby lips everything is just fine. This colour is a dark plum/purple but not an overly dark purple, I just can't explain it but if you are looking for a new plum on the matte side you should definitely check this one out! This lipstick has very good staying power and I find when wearing this I literally don't even have to top it up through the day at all. 

ravishing rose, wine 107, hang up, sloane's plum, inhibition
(not quite sure why the e.l.f lipstick looks like a nude but it isn't!)



lots of love, 
sophie x

Leave a Comment

  1. Love the MAC lipstick!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kate Moss lipstick, one of the best reds I own!

    http://makeupbyilona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear so many good reviews about that topshop lippy! x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mac lipstick looks really similar to one I have called Rebel. I love the shade so much. I really like the elf lipstick and topshop one you talked about too:-) Such a good post!!xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely thinking of getting the Kate Moss 107, everyone seems to love it. Gorgeous shades! These will be perfect for A/W! xo

    Chloe The Redhead | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete