What I Got For My 19th Birthday!





So yesterday was my 19th birthday, which sounds so old and I don't like it one bit! I don't want to grow up :( Anyway, I thought I would do a post on the things that I got! I am so so so so happy with everything that I got given and I am so thankful to everyone that spent money on me. Little disclaimer, I am not in any way trying to show off what I got, I just love reading reading posts like this as it gives me ideas for new things to get myself! I hope you enjoy...


Firstly i'll start with the presents that I got from two of my closest friends. I haven't had time to try out any of these yet so I can't review them just yet, however I love all of it and cannot wait to start using them! (I only know the prices as I had wanted all these things, except the nail varnish that my friend Aimee got me as an extra gift which was lovely as it is gorgeous)

Makeup Revolution Highlighter 'Golden Lights' - £3.00
Collection Lip Definer 'Nude Pink' - £2.79
Tanya Burr Lipgloss 'Afternoon Tea' - £6.99

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 'Elusive' - £7.99
Revlon Nail Enamel 'Sparking' - £6.49


Absolutely adore both of these presents and I honestly never want to take them off! The locket is from my brothers and the Pandora ring is from my very generous boyfriend. I was over the moon when I received both of these, the locket is literally so sparkly it looks gorgeous when the sun hits it. I have wanted a Pandora ring for agesssss and my boyfriend kindly got me one as he knew how much loved it, I am one lucky girl!

I also got some little bits and bobs that say happy birthday on etc, but I didn't want this post to be any longer than it is already going to be, so I just included my main presents. From my parents I asked for money this year, as there was a lot of clothes and make up on my wish list I thought it would be easier to get them myself so that I could chose the right size/shades and not have to worry about returning presents that didn't fit. Using my birthday money I went over to Southampton yesterday to do some shopping, and this is what I got.. 


White Converse - Office £44.99
Pink Bag - Primark £3
Spotty Make-up Bag - Primark £3
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo[+] - Boots £15.50
The Comforter bubble bar - Lush £4.50
Dragon's Egg bath bomb - Lush £3.25
Earrings - River Island £2 each (you can see them more clear in the very first picture)
Silver necklace - Primark £1.50


I may have gone a little frilly sock mad. You can't have too many pairs right?! They are all sooo cute and I really couldn't resist!

Top row - Topshop 3 for £8 and £3.50 each 
Bottom row - Primark £1.50 each


Can't go to Southampton and not go to John Lewis for the MAC counter can you? 
That would just be rude ;) 

(Lipsticks left to right)
MAC 'twig' - £15
MAC 'amorous' - £15
Topshop lips 'innocent' - £8
MAC eyeshadow 'all that glitters' - £10
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer '1, fair' - £4.19
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes excess mascara - £10.99


I had to take a picture of this on its own because just look how beautiful is it. My first YSL lipstick and it is gorgeous. I was not planning on getting this at all, but the lady asked if I wanted to try any on when she caught me looking at them so of course I did and it was beautiful and yeah I got it oops. 

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick '9 Pink Caress' - Debenhams £24.50


Floral Kimono - Primark £13
Mint Green Chiffon Kimono - H&M £9.99 


Mint Green dress - Primark £5
Floral Blue/White dress - Topshop £18 (sale)
Grey/Black lace back dress - H&M £7.99

swatches left to right - elusive (relvon), twig (mac), amorous (mac), innocent (topshop), pink caress (YSL), all that glitters eyeshadow (mac)

The rest of the stuff that I got was all everyday things such as socks, leggings, tights, underwear etc so I didn't think you'd all want to see the boring stuff! But that was what I got for my birthday, I had such an amazing day! :)

lots of love, 
sophie x

Leave a Comment

  1. You got some lovely things! The YSL lipstick looks gorgeous. You just have to treat yourself on your birthday, haha!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the products and items you bought are all so pretty and lovely. I really love the YSL lipstick and have been looking to see which colour to buy for ages and I may have to get the same as you as the colour is beautiful. The pandora ring is adorable too:-) Lovely post, I find presents from people's birthday's so interesting:-) xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your one lucky girl, you got some amazing things, I desperately want a kimono and I now know which one I'm getting. I have Topshop's innocent lipstick it's such a pretty shade and them mac lipsticks look beautiful. By the way the pandora ring is absolutely lovely x

    ReplyDelete